1. General Information
1.1 Objective and Responsibilty
1.This Data Privacy Statement is to inform you about the nature, scope and purpose of the processing of personal data related to our online service and the related websites, features and contents (hereinafter collectively referred to as “online service” or “website”).
2. The online service is provided by REMBE® Research + Technology Center GmbH (Zur Heide 39, 59929 Brilon, Germany) – hereinafter referred to as “provider”, “we” or “us” – who is also legally responsible under the data protection law.
3. Our online service is hosted by Europe GmbH (Postbox 92 02 54, 51152 Köln, Germany).
4. You can reach out to our Data Protection Officer under: Sven Meyzis – IT.DS Beratung (Phone: +49 40-21091514 / E-Mail: email@example.com)
5. The term “user” encompasses all customers, interested people, employees and visitors of our online service.
1.2 Legal Bases
We collect and process personal data based on the following legal grounds:
a. Consent in accordance with Article 6 paragraph 1 (a) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Consent meaning any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of agreement, which could be in the form of a statement or any other unambiguous confirmatory act, given by the data’s subject consenting to the processing of personal data relating to him or her.
b. Necessity for the performance of a contract or in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract according to Article 6 paragraph 1 (b) GDPR, meaning the data is required in order for us to fulfil our contractual obligations towards you or to prepare the conclusion of a contract with you.
c. Processing to fulfil a legal obligation in accordance with Article 6 paragraph 1 (c) GDPR, meaning that e.g. the processing of data is required by law or other provisions.
d. Processing in order to protect legitimate interests in accordance with Article 6 paragraph 1 (f) GDPR, meaning that the processing is necessary to protect legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, unless such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require the protection of personal data.
1.3 Data Subjects Rights
You have the following rights with regards to the processing of your data through us:
a. The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in accordance with Article 13 paragraph 2 (d) GDPR and Article 14 paragraph 2 (e) GDPR.
b. Right of access in accordance with Article 15 GDPR
c. Right to rectification in accordance with Article 16 GDPR
d. Right to erasure („right to be forgotten“) in accordance with Article 17 GDPR
e. Right to restriction of processing in accordance with Article 18 GDPR
f. Right to data portability in accordance with Article 20 GDPR
g. Right to objection in accordance with Article 21 GDPR
Notice: Users may object to the processing of their personal data in accordance with legal allowances at any time with effect for the future. The objection may in particular be made against processing for the purposes of direct marketing.
Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, you shall have the right to complain to a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your place of residence, employment or the place of the alleged infringement, if you believe that the processing of your personal data violates the GDPR.
1.4 Data Erasure and Duration of Storage
The personal data of the data subject will be erased or blocked as soon as the purpose of the storage is inapplicable. Storage of data beyond that may occur if such storage is required by the European or national legislator in EU regulations, laws or other regulations to which the controller is subject. Blocking or erasure of data also takes place when a retention period mandated by the standards mentioned expires, unless the continued storage of data is required for the conclusion of a contract or the fulfilment of contractual obligations.
1.5 Security Processing
1.We have implemented appropriate and state-of-the-art technical and organisational security measures (TOMs). Thus, the data that is processed by us is protected against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction and unauthorized access.
2.These security measures include in particular the encrypted transfer of data between your browser and our server.
1.6 Transfer of Data to Third Parties, Subcontractors and Third Party Providers
1.A transfer of personal data to third parties only occurs within the framework of legal requirements. We only disclose personal data of users to third parties, if this is required e.g. for billing purposes or other purposes, if the disclosure is necessary to ensure the fulfilment of contractual obligations towards the users.
2.If we engage subcontractors for our online service, we have made appropriate contractual arrangements as well as adequate technical and organizational measures with these companies.
3.If we use content, tools or other means from other companies (hereinafter collectively referred to as “third party providers”) whose registered offices are located in a third country, it is assumed that a transfer of data to the home countries of these third party providers occurs. The transfer of personal data to third countries takes place exclusively only, if an adequate level of data protection, the user’s consent or another legal permission is present.
2. Concrete Data Processing
2.1 Collection of Information on the Use of the Online Service
- When using our online-service, information may be transferred automatically from the browser of the user to us; this information includes the name of the accessed website, file, date and time of the access, amount of data transferred, notification about successful access, browser type and version, the user’s operating system, referrer URL (the previously visited page), IP address and the requesting provider.
- The processing of this information takes place based on legitimate interests in accordance with Article 6 paragraph 1 (f) GDPR (e.g. to optimize the online service) as well as to ensure the security of processing in accordance with Article 5 paragraph 1 (f) GDPR (e.g. for the defence and clarification purposes of cyberattacks)
- This information will be automatically deleted 30 days after the termination of the connection, unless any other retention periods require otherwise.
- The collection of the data and the storage of the data in log files is essential for the provision of the online service. Therefore users are not entitled to the options of erasure, objection or correction.
2.2 Contact Form and Contacting via E-Mail
- When contacting us (via online form or e-mail), the data provided by the user will be processed exclusively for processing the inquiry and its handling.
- Any other use of the data will only take place based on the given consent from the user.
2.3 Google Analytics
- Google acts on our behalf within the framework of commissioned processing pursuant to Article 28 GDPR. We have entered into a data protection agreement with Google that includes the EU standard data protection clauses.
- We use Google Analytics with IP anonymisation enabled
- Google Analytics stores cookies in your web browser for a period of two years since your last visit. These cookies contain a randomly generated user ID that can be used to recognise you on future visits to the website. Users can prevent the storage of cookies by setting their browser software accordingly; users can also prevent the collection of the data generated by the cookie and related to their use of the online offer to Google as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin available under the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
- The collected data is stored together with the randomly generated user ID, which enables the evaluation of pseudonymous user profiles. This user-related data is automatically deleted after 26 months. Other data remains stored in aggregated form indefinitely.
6 Further information on Google’s use of data, settings and revocation options can be found on Google’s websites:
https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites?hl=en (Data use by Google, if you use our partners’ websites or apps).
https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads (Data use for advertising purposesu0022)
https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated (Managing information Google uses to serve ads to you).
2.4 Google Fonts
1. For a appelaing visit of our website, we use so called Google Fonts.
2. We integrated Google Fonts local, means on our webserver. That means, no connection to Google- Server and no transmission of your data to Google.
2.5 Google Maps
- This website uses Google Maps to display maps and to create maps. Google Maps is operated by Google Inc, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
- By clicking the “Load map” button, you consent to the collection, processing and use of the data collected automatically and the data you have entered by Google, one of its representatives or third-party providers.
- You can find detailed details in the Data Protection Center of google.de at https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en&gl=en.
2.6 Google Tag Manager
- This website uses the Google Tag Manager. This service enables the management of website tags via an interface. The Google Tool Manager only implements tags, does not set cookies and does not collect any personal data. Google Tag Manager triggers other tags that can collect personal data. However, the Google Tag Manager does not access this data.
- If the deactivation takes place at domain or cookie level, it remains valid for all tracking tags implemented with Google Tag Manager.
- The use of Google Tag Manager is based on our legitimate interests pursuant to Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR. We are interested in the efficient and simple provision of our services.
2.7 Links to other websites
- While using some of our services (e.g. in section ‘Subsidiaries’) you will be automatically redirected to other websites.
- We use YouTube for the integration of videos. The videos were embedded in the extended data protection mode.
- By using YouTube, a connection is established with the Google DoubleClick network. Starting the video could trigger further data processing. We have no influence on that.
- Doubleclick by Google is a service of Google Inc, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”).
- By using our website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google and the manner of data processing described above as well as the named purpose.
- For more information about DoubleClick by Google and privacy, please visit: https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads?hl=en
- For more information, please see the Cloudflare privacy statement: https://www.cloudflare.com/de-de/privacypolicy.
3.1 General Informationen
- Cookies are information transmitted by our web server or third-party web servers to the users’ web browsers where they are stored for later retrieval. Cookies can be in the form of small files or any other types of information storage.
- In the case that users do not want that cookies are stored on their computer, they will be asked to disable the corresponding option in their browser’s system settings. Saved cookies may be deleted in the system settings of the browser. The exclusion of cookies can lead to functional impairments of this online service.
3.2 Consent with Borlabs cookie
Our website uses Borlabs Cookie Consent technology to obtain your consent to the storage of certain cookies in your browser or to the use of certain technologies and to document this in accordance with data protection law. The provider of this technology is Borlabs – Benjamin A. Bornschein, Rübenkamp 32, 22305 Hamburg (hereinafter Borlabs).
When you enter our website, a Borlabs cookie is stored in your browser, which stores the consents you have given or the revocation of these consents. This data is not shared with the Borlabs cookie provider.
The data collected will be stored until you request us to delete it or delete the Borlabs cookie yourself, or until the purpose for storing the data no longer applies. Mandatory statutory retention periods remain unaffected. Details on the data processing of Borlab’s cookie can be found under https://de.borlabs.io/kb/welche-daten-speichert-borlabs-cookie/
Essential Cookies allow basis functions and are needed for proper function of the website.
Statistic Cookies collect Informations anonymous. Those information help us to understand how visitors use our website.
Content of video platforms and social-media platforms are blocked constantly. If cookies of external medias are accepted, the access to those content do not need any manual permission.
Edition: March 2022